Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Modified, fast C-mount lenses for GH1/GH2 etc.
  • ALL SOLD... thanks
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • Can you clarify (because I've never understood this): If you use (say) a 17mm lens in EX mode, is the angle of view as seen on the camera output the same as a mft 17mm lens?
  • No. Multiply by 2.6. Also ETC mode introduces noticeable noise above ISO 400 in low lighting. I use ETC during day lighting.
  • Thanks! That's really clear. Cheers!
  • All zoom lenses now come with pistol grips - a more ergonomical way to shoot handheld video, plus it mimics a cool Super 8 movie camera!
  • ed it would be nice if you were open about how to modify the cmount lenses. you seem to love the free communities and the open source philosphy of this place, how about spilling a few beans. as much as id love you to mod my lens, i feel a little skeptical about sending my lens on a roundtrip flight from new york to hong kong for something that seems a bit diy'able.

• Hi, ed_lee83,

A few questions:

How can i use this modified lenses by Gh13?

In this lens systems, 10mm by crop factor for m4/3 how mm? 20mm or 40mm? And aperture; F:1 2 or 4?

Thanks

• This is June 2011 marketplace topic :-)

• Well, I might as well reply before this thread ends as all the lenses were sold.

@cls105 Every c-mount lens have different types of mount. There is no one-sure way to modify a lens. An easy job is to simply file down the rear or a particular c-mount adapter so it obtains infinity focus. Sometimes a custom c-mount adapter needs to be machined. Some lenses I had to completely remodel the mount. On top of that you need a way to accurately calculate infinity focus point. I simply have the tools and machines to do it properly. The Pentax 8-48 f1.0's needs machining and a custom adapter. I had people send me their lenses from all over the world.

@simurg I'm afraid I shouldn't have mentioned GH1 in the topic as I had not realised it did not have Ex Tele Conversion function. I mean, you could still use it and focus correctly but there would be a giant vignette. Though some lenses I've encountered can cover up to 90% of the sensor like the Canon 17-102 f2, 18-108 f1.8 and Computar 12.5mm f1.3.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions