Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic ZS20

• Full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 60p videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4) format (or 30p in MP4)
    • Powerful 20x optical zoom with 2-step Zoom function is available in video recording.
    • Same old 460k screen
    • Flexibility of USB charging or conventional AC adapter charging methods

Normally Panasonic top compact ultra zooms are first cameras to get new LSI.

So, we can safely assume that next GH camera will have 60p (and 50p in PAL)

Hacked it can be very good camera, as you can connect USB and run it for very long time. Plus 20x stabilized zoom. External audio recorder required, of course.

zs20.jpg
    530 x 390 - 31K
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

If we can get enough donations for one will you hack it? How many camera bodies would you need?

The lens really isn't bright enough though. I am still holding out for an LX-6 or an XZ-2.

• If we can get enough donations for one will you hack it?

I have no idea. Usually we use two bodies.

• I agree. 1080p60 looks very promising for GH3 on the strength of this. Hack donations in March then... :-)

• Why not open a separate topic on this issue. TZ30/ZS20.

• Why not open a separate topic on this issue. TZ30/ZS20.

What issue? ZS20 is outdated camera. Not in hack plans.

• Why are outdated? TZ30-model last year. All scored LUMIXclub reports finding russification, without 30min recording......TZ-20, TZ-30

• @gorbyt

Last year model, yep.

• What about the Russification TZ30? I'll try those with Lumixclub site invite about funding.

• What about the Russification TZ30? I'll try those with Lumixclub site invite about funding.

It is not funding problem, right now it is last year compact camera.

• but there are patches for Ptool TZ10, but she is older compact camera. What's the problem?

• The fundamental reason a hack option is needed for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30/ZS20, TZ31, or TZ40/ZS30 is that the only Panasonic compact zoom camera right now with a hack option has only 720p video resolution. (The Lumix DMC-TZ10/ZS7.) There should be a hack option for a Panasonic TZ/ZS compact zoom which has 1080p video capability.

The Pansonic Lumix DMC-TZ10/ZS7 hack is great, but it would be nice to have a hack for a later 1080p version of this camera. Thank you much.