Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Strange trails/ghosting
  • HI all,

Scary development: I've hacked my GH2 about two weeks ago, shot a bunch of stuff and was very happy with the results. Then yesterday out of nowhere I get really pronounced trails, or ghosting in my LCD, sort of like shooting on a slow shutter speed, but different in a way that's difficult to explain. But I can assure you I am not shooting slow shutter, I've done the test at many different shutter speeds. It's also strange that the effect is less pronounced in the viewfinder and even less so in the recorded image, although there is a jagged motion in recorded image. It doesn't look smooth or fluid.

This is of course very worrying so I went back to the official Panasonic firmware, and the problem persisted, so I reset the cam to all default factory setting, refreshed the pixels, cleaned the sensor, and still the problem persits! I would really appreciate help in diagnosing this problem, as I have really no idea what is causing or what to do! Has anyone heard or seen anything like this?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice, yb

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • This is the proper topic for such stuff http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/443/basic-and-beginner-questions#Item_647

To be short. It is not related to hack in any way.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions