Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
First short, shot in 25p with leica 25mm 1.4 Poor Sleep Quality
  • I did two years of animation but called it quits and started film this year. This is my first short i made, ever. Bought myself the gh2 and loving it ever since :) Anxiously waiting for the pal-land hack =)

All shot between 1.4 and 2.2

enjoy!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • @klem007

Some nice shots, I like the mood of the look. Were you manually focusing?

Out of curiosity, are you in the Netherlands? I couldn't quite make out the languauge from some of your other videos (on vimeo).

• @spacewig Yes that was manual focus. At 30 cm its 0.57 cm between sharp and out of focus so i'm off so times :) And i'm from the land of chocolate (Belgium) ..

• maybe you could render another version for vimeo in higher quality? With only 88MB file size a 720 5:30 video it seems to be quite compressed which is imho visible in strong artefacts when you view in it full screen. I like the mood very much, it's consitent through the whole short - well done! I didn't focus on your off focus - some shaking (1:27 for instance) is more noticeable.

• i'm afraid i was using a too heavy rig for a poor quality photo tripod.. and the artefacts aren't only due too the compressing, in the raw footage there are some too. Mainly in the shadows of the red background. I needed 25p if shot on 24 with the driftwood hack you don't have this problem =) also thx for replying!

• I use DVD Studio Pro to get a 24fps rate to 25. Films get a little faster but as I was told it's the same when a Hollywood movie is converted for TV. Nobody will see it (except the editor cause sound is a little faster and has a higher level too) I still have the FW 1.1 but I think I will go back to a hack with higher bitrate.