Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Bouldering Competition with new Panasonic firmware.
  • I shot a bunch of video and stills at the regional bouldering competition my son competed at this weekend. The video link is below. I will try to post some pics from it when I get the chance to edit them.

The gym is extremely dark so I used the 25mm F1.4 the entire time. Even the 45mm F1.8 wasn’t fast enough for the “cave” where most of the climbing took place. I also used +2 noise reduction even when I shot RAW. I am curious to see if that has any affect(positive or Negative) on RAW images after the firmware upgrade.

One thing I can say is that the new AF improvements are significant. I now use AFC for video always. The expanded touch screen for AF is also a huge bonus.

Oh yea this footage was basically unedited in terms of color and affects. The only thing I did was add in some sharpness because I didn’t have it set to do that in camera.