Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The Empire Strikes Back
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • It is not law and you can find much worse things in proposed bills.
  • Really? They're proposing something even worse than indefinite imprisonment without criminal conviction?
  • This reminds me of the crap we used to talk about when I was a teenager. The threat of terrorism is what they'll need for the people to allow 'Them' the control they so desperately want. Make the little people afraid of the boogyman in the closet and you won't even need the 'evil empire' over there. And so it's come to pass. Hm.

Kinda like what all those 'long haired environmentalists' used to warn us about back in the 70s is also coming to pass. And how about the threat of the MAI? Remember that one? The Multilateral Agreement of Investment would allow the Corporations to sue governments if they hired locals instead of them. That was beaten down so then we got 'Globalization' and the New World Order. Gee, gosh golly Auntie Mae. What will Uncle Sam think of next?

You can fill in whatever conspiracy theory you might fancy but, most likely, 80% of it is bullshit. But what you can bet on, or 'take to the bank', as they say, is that the destruction of trust is well on its way. And when trust is gone ...so are they. But they ain't that dumb. They'll back off some. Watch. The market will rebound... just enough
  • Good song exist about such things, from famous Music Man:

• Where is the Tea Party and the photocopies of their constitution to wave around? Individual liberty is in theory the bread and butter of the Conservatives...in theory. In reality what they practice is closer to fascism. This is one issue that Ron Paul usually gets correct and then is roundly ridiculed by his own party establishment.
  • Unfortunately in recent times, individual freedom has just been a trojan horse to further commercial and corporate freedom
  • the budget one most recently had a load of garbage essentially legitimizing pizza as a friggin vegetable. why the donkey's arse is bovine excrement of this nature even in bills? AND WHY THE FREAKY FUDGE is it in totally unrelated bills?! This crap is screwed up, really it is. Watchin' CSPAN the other day, they were each taking turns supposed to be debating the pros/cons of the bill. What does the guy from Texas do? He gets up and spends his five minutes rattling off trivia on the University football team. Mother fricker. I thought Texas was the state stereotyped as one where those disrespecting the government get shot, but I guess when its for the love of the biggest darn marketing trick on the face of the planet (football), it is okay. F(at) M(eaty) L(egs).