Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
NYC Area Peeps... Anyone interested in a meet up and maybe a little GH2 Video safari?
  • I think it could be interesting to exchange ideas in person for a change. I know, novel idea. Any takers?
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • I'm in ;-)
  • That would be nice..
  • And no, I'm not the craig's list killah.

What works best for everyone- Weekday/weekend?
  • I'm in NY as well. That sounds like a great idea. I guess weekend is usually the best solution (except Dec. 3-4, I have a shoot)
    Where are you guys located? I am in the east village/alphabet city.

And I'm not the Craig's list killer either, also that's exactly what the killer would say... haha.
  • I'm in the burbs these days. Bergen County. I used to roam the EVill back when it was still dodgy. Lived on 5th St Bet 2nd & 1st Aves. Having two kids can make the weekend tough, but I should be able to get a "hall pass" with enough notice. Maybe we should wait until after the holidays for a "temperate" weekend day or night?
  • Hey! I'm interested. After the holidays is going to be much easier. EV is where I'm studying.
  • It would be cool to hit places like Chinatown and E River park. The not so overly-shot exteriors of Manhattan...
  • @Rockroadpics Would be a nice idea. The best would be to have a place to meet, talk cameras and gadgets, then take our rigs and go out for a shoot around. Chinatown can be really nice.
    How should we plan this? Facebook event?
  • That would work. Does anyone know of some good places/Pubs that could accommodate a few of us showing up? Possibly the L.E.S.? I only know the small joints like Local etc.
  • i'm in! although i'm just getting mine on friday.
  • No worries, J. We probably won't meet up until after the holidays. That should give you more than ample time to get up and running with your new "baby".