Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
ISO switches to Auto when recording in Movie Mode
  • I just hacked my GH1 for the first time and selected the option to allow higher ISO's in Movie Mode but when I start recording the ISO indicator on the LCD display changes to Auto from 800. This happens even when I record in M or S mode. furthermore when recording in Movie Mode the exposure becomes under exposed even though I had it set properly before hitting the record button. The exposure stays locked in the other modes. Is there known problems with the ISO option for Movie Mode and could this be the cause?
    Steve
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Yup

I just spotted this too after applying the SeaQuake patch. I don't mind but it does seem a little off putting and would be nice to know what settings have been applied to produce this effect. This was specifically in low light.
  • I noticed it as well but think it is only the graphic icon that is wrong. The iso does not change even if it says auto.
  • It does affect the exposure. I can see the change on the LCD in Movie mode and when I switch to another mode it shows the ISO value. So there is definitely something not working here.
  • The iso hack doesn't work on the GH1. You'll have to re-hack and un-check the iso setting.
  • Thanks. On which camera does it work, the GH2?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions