Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fujifilm X-S1

Sadly, not cheap.

• High quality Fujinon 26x optical zoom covering 24-624mm (35mm equivalent) with Intelligent Digital Zoom boosting range up to 1248mm

• Superb build quality and finish with rubberised coating and metal dials

• 12 megapixel EXR CMOS sensor (2/3")

• Up to 10 frames-per-second shooting

• Large EVF with 1.44 million pixels and 26 degree viewing angle

• Tiltable three-inch rear LCD with Sunny Day mode

• Full HD video (30fps, plus 730p30)

• PASM modes

• Raw file format

• Film simulation modes

• Macro focusing down to 1cm

• Lithium battery providing up to 500 shots per charge

• Optical image stabilisation

• 360° Motion Panorama mode

Fujifilm_X-S1_Pic_02.jpg
    430 x 445 - 95K
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • I'm very interested in this camera's approach to improve dynamic range. They say that neighboring pixel will use a different exposure time. Do you think this feature would be possible in video mode? I could see some motion problems occur...
    Do you think those film simulation modes would be possible in video mode?
  • I will never understand those Japanesse companies. I mean the smaller ones, like pentax, olympus and fuji. They just can't put something like 24, 25 and to a lesser extend 60 fps. Imagine if one of them had designed the canon 5d mark2 3 years ago. Lets say the full frame is too much, the equivalent of a 7d. Where would they have been today if they and not Canon had been the leader in the HDSLR camera. How much more camera would they have sold. This tell you something, why Canon and Nikon dominate so much the photo camera, because the other one are so lacking of vision. They have a completely new market of the hybrid hdslr where everything is new and don't have to fight this loosing battle against the established giants in Nikon, Canon and now Sony. Even until now, 3 years after the Canon 5dmark2 they just can't see... 30 fps WTF, if they die it will be by their own hand, clueless management and engineering.
  • @danyyyel

+1

I wonder if more is at play though... who manufactures Fujifilm's stuff? Maybe some comes from Canon, Panny, or Sony... and they just won't let them compete.
  • "Do you think those film simulation modes would be possible in video mode?"

After asking Fujifilm USA customer rep on this, I believe so. You set the preferred film emulsion profile in the menu, then you shoot your stills or vid.

But since the video capture bitrate will be probably only 17Mb/sec, we would need patch to boost this and hopefully also make in intraframe.

Don't mind the trolls, some people just like to moan and groan about everything in life, it seems.