Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
File-transfer Workflow with Gh13: do I need PhotoFun software at all?
  • Hi all,
    I want to ask you about your file-transfer and editing workflow.

When I bought the body of GH1, it came with this REALLY-REALLY annoying software called "PhotoFunStudio". It occupies 364mb on my computer (which doesn't have much breathing space) and frankly, I still don't understand what is it for??? Is there any particular purpose why I might need it, like "correct" file transfer or the "correct" deletion of video and photo files??? Do I need it at all??? Or shall I just uninstall it?

I noticed that when i shoot in AVCHD, my .MTS files are not time-coded. Do I need "PhotoFunStudio" to time-code them?

Here is my workflow. If you see any mistakes or have any suggestions, please tell me.
    Sometimes I use my GH13 for taking photos, but primarily for making movies. I use GH13 with Blackout-Powell patch, a 5 year old Dell Latitude D820 laptop with 80GB hard-drive and 3.25GB of RAM, 3TB external HDD, Win XP SP3, Adobe Premiere Pro CS4. At the end of the day, I take out the SD card and put it into a USB-card-reader and put it into my laptop. Then I navigate to PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM , select all .MTS files and move them to my external HDD for editing later in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4. Then, I safely remove the SD card, put it back into GH13 and delete all files (sometimes I format the whole card). When I edit with Premiere Pro CS4, I just drag-n-drop the .MTS files (without timecoding) from my external HDD into the bin and edit away.

Any ideas, suggestions, reflections, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • Try the GH1 File Importer by Phil Seastrand.
    (works for GH2 also.) It will help automate some of your tasks.
    i.e. transfer, collation, and deletion

It will auto-create separate Picture and Video folders (organized by date and time of files.)

• I do pretty much the same, but I use Bulk Rename Utility to rename all my MTS and (and DR100 wavs) to the creation time and date.