Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Gh2: Slower than 1/25 shutter speed "problem"
  • Hello! I need a patch that would allow me to record 24fps/25fps at slower shutter speeds than 1/25. I did it without a problem with the original firmware but with I can´t find the way with the lastests patchs I´ve installed (MOON-T7 and SPIZZ). I am sure it is my problem, but a little help would be very welcome.

(This is my first post, i am a spanish videographer and English is still a barrier for me....excuse me. Anyway, thanks so much to all the PV comunity...I learn everyday)

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • IIRC, you have to put the camera on MF and choose a manual exposure mode, to access those shutter speeds.

I know, I know, it doesn't make any sense, yet... it's the way it works.

• OMG.... it works!!! it was the manual focus!!!! Zanks so much Duartix, it would take me countless time to figure it out! Super!

• Sorry if I post in this thread, I hope not to be OT but in my GH2 with Flow Motion V2.2. I use as a hobby, not a professional video, but I can not figure out how to enter the menu to set the shutter speed to 1/25 !!!! I saw the manual but I can not understand how to do, sorry but I'm ashamed to say. Could someone help me? thank you

• If you want to set shutter speed to 1/25 you can do so on Movie mode (right dial set to Movie mode) and you shoud be abe to dial shutter speed down o 1/25

• film mode. shutter speed is on top. touch it. select.

• make sure it is working in manual focus...otherwise you can have problems (very strange bug)..duartix was right: For example I could do this experimental piece thanks to him:

• thank you all very kind of you

• Skyhook very impressive. How is it related to the bug ? Would you share the process you used ? Best

• Thank you suzres. Excuse me if I repeat myself: the non-hacked gh2 allows you to use slower than 1/25 sec. shutter speed..so you can do this short of "timelapses" conformed to 24p for example. In some of the latest hacks (correct me if I am wrong) there is a "bug" that does not permit to get these lower speeds UNLESS you work in manual focus mode (very weird indeed).

In my Ted.x work I made a very simple methaphore and tried to translate in "liquid movements" the creative chaos that impact the audience during these type of cultural journeys. Technically, it is just a double layer of these fluxes at very low speeds with an "accelerate" edition in order to have a more fluid motion cadence.I mean: there is no grading or effects, just the superposition, and the black and white is made in camera.

• Thank you so much and congratulations again for this beautiful work. I am using Flowmotion 2. I'll check it out soon. Best

• thanks to you for watching it!

(I was using moonT7, by the way) best

• It works with Flowmotion2 :-)

• Great!! :-)