Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Letus Talon Rig - $499
  • Just noticed that Letus is selling off some of their previous gen rigs for a big discount.
    If anyone was looking to buy the talon rig, it's now available for $499 from their direct site

http://www.letusdirect.com/cart/talon-universal-kit.html

I have no clue whether this is a good rig or anything. Just thought I'd share

Cheers
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • This is ironically very similar (if not made by TrusMT) as the rig deal that VK was posting just the other day has the "talon" style camera quick release plate.

On numerous 'Wholesale Chinese Sites" TrusMT actually sells these parts as a "Talon" kit.

Obviously- even without the 'deal' TrusMT sells allot more of the kit for allot less, (fully adjustable hand grips- top hand grip etc)

YMMV

BTW - rig image here+ TrusMT base plate... spot the difference? Or not?
    234_letus-talon-k3-shoulder-rig-2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 32K
    talon-universal.jpg
    600 x 600 - 49K
    $(KGrHqIOKiwE3D u91-(BN5uOKGJug~~_35.JPG
    300 x 200 - 11K
  • Yeah it seems like TrustMT and Letus might have had a relationship..which went sour?
    So it looks like they've updated their entire lineup with the Hurlbuttt gouge your wallet series and let TrustMT continue selling the older styled stuff?
    I'm just speculating, but who knows hehe
  • @hishimaru
    I think that this is the way with everything these days... Chinese companies are learning that many users don't care about big brand name- just high quality products.

Beijing is becoming quickly the Hollywood of Asia... so they need the gear.

I don't know about the "old model" logic. Seams maybe like Letus are trying to re-gain territory by distinguishing itself from an 'ebayish' seller.

That said- TrusMT kind of want to make EVERYTHING... I think that their motto is: "a comrade with a milling machine can achieve anything".
  • Yep:
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/810/special-deals-complete-rigs#Item_16

TrusMT has a lot more.
    About Letus. Last time I checked they said that they produce all rogs related stuff on small Vietnam firm.
  • Vietnam? Serious. They look SO similar... :D

(not that it would have been hard to copy- its just that Chinese firms are waking up from the Xerox sleep...)
    I am starting to think that copying is happening the other way around.

IE: Big US firm say: cool looking rig- I will buy 1000, then rebrand them. Simple- most Chinese firms actively do this. They will even print your logo on the package!

he he: personal-view branded gear! (or at least beer holders)
  • >Vietnam? Serious. They look SO similar

They did it at TrusMT, now in Vietnam, this is that I mean.

>personal-view branded gear

We'll have branded gear :-) But only of completely original design, not osmething wiht "printed logo" :-)
  • I purchased the Letus Talon rig months ago for $900, would've been nice to know they'd be dropping a few hundred dollars shortly thereafter :(

That being said, I definitely think it's worth the $500 assuming it's the same build quality as the one I bought months ago. The shoulder pad is comfortable, the base plate works well and the handles are comfortable. The cons lie in the base plate blocking the GH2 battery compartment, the twist screws become warped if even slightly overtightened and the rig itself is a bit heavy and those screw points aren't completely tightened (so they deviate if too much pressure is placed on them).

Fortunately Letus is a great company work with and if the screw threading becomes warped or the rods are stuck, they'll gladly replace them and you'll usually receive the parts within a week.