Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Ex tempore piece with 44Mbit 6GOP 24P
  • I Shot this Ex tempore piece with my 44Mbit 6GOP 24P settings and a Class 6 card. Although not quite art, I'm quite happy with it. :) Most of the shots were underexposed, then color corrected to something interesting. :) Used the 14-42 Kit lens with a Richarm 0.45x Adapter. Insanely Low budget (0 €)? YES! :D

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Nice variety of shots!
  • @Mark_the_Harp Oh, the sarcasm! :D Thanks, for noticing, though! :D

It's really *not* that easy to shoot something interesting in a fast paced work routine (as with my subject matter in this case) that can't be directed. Also, my lack of talent shows. :D I just thought you guys might be interested. No need to mock me. Still learning. :)
  • Wasn't sarcasm! You've no idea how refreshing it is to see a variety of shot sizes in a sequence, as opposed to the usual endless sequences of similar shots you get. I'm guessing you have a video rather than stills background? Ok, once the vehicle arrived it got less interesting, but up till then, great stuff.
  • Oh thanks, @Mark_the_Harp , You're being very generous. :) Agreed, that offloading 10 tons of diesel and E10 isn't THAT interesting, but the video is a part of my collection of me shooting my friends doing their daily jobs. :) My ultimate goal is to be able to do a documentary (reality TV) of my friends doing their daily jobs. :) I think it would be very interesting series to be proposed to a TV station. With clever editing, I could easily fill 20 episodes 22 minutes each! :D
  • Good luck - great idea. And am I right, that you have a video rather than stills background? It shows in the pace of shots, and that you've bothered to use sync sound. You've no idea how rare that is in DSLR footage.
  • My only background in video is from working two years on "Big Brother Finland" (as a runner! :D). Other than that, I'm a graphic designer, web designer (and chief technology officer) and an airport ramp agent (can't get over my love of airplanes and customer service). :) For this piece though, I didn't synch the action to the music. I rearranged the music to fit the footage I had available.
  • I don't like the footage. Too many things are going on and it confuses me -- especially the parts that show humans. I much prefer to stare at a clump of bushes or perhaps a bunch of trees as we normally get here. I'm going to report this.
  • hahah you really love your friends :)

but i have a question in the second 42 there seems to be a jump in the footage of the truck, was that the hack fault? or is it a jump cut from the NLE? or something else?
  • By sync sound I meant the sound of the vehicle etc - nice to have this. Usually you just get music (yes, and a bush).
  • @lolo I noticed the "jump" in the final video too, I'm wondering where it came from, but I think it's because of the Final Cut Pro's Smoothcam I applied to that shot.

@Mark_the_Harp Oh, ok! Thanks! :) I don't have the terminology down yet! :D