Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF1 hack with 35mm 1.7 lens rough footage
  • I just threw this together with no audio as an example of the footage I am getting with the GF1 hack. This is the reliable playback patch from LPowell (4.2.2 colour 35mbits/s). The infamous Fujian lens everyone is using on youtube. I was very impressed with the lack of much rolling shutter (in MJPEG ONLY) on this camera, shame its only 720 but still some nice footage! I was shooting it at 100 - 200 ISO (mostly 200 noise was very bad above this) and the shutter was 1/50 or 1/100 (pal country) depending on how much motion was in shot. I used 1/30 a couple of times when I really needed extra light. There is no audio because I was talking rubbish the whole time! Who needs audio anyway for such a rough example. I uploaded this as there are not many examples of the hacked gf1 in action. Well the ones that are there are super lame. Maybe it will help someone find a decent cheap video camera. I bought mine for £60 and the lens cost £20! lol £80 camera!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Where is the footage?