Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Bricked GH1 advice
  • Was applying a hack patch and accidentally nudged the lens release button during the firmware upgrade - short story, camera bricked. Has anybody had similar happen, and is there hope that a dealer service might restore the camera to life?

thanks
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Hi, happened to me last week, managed to get it repaired under warranty. Go to panasonic website and follow links for service.
  • Thanks -no warranty for me sadly
  • @mrbill ok, still fixable but believed that had to replace the main PCB - Not sure if this is costly or not but you can ask about...
  • @mrbill I know the camera says not to press any buttons when upgrading, but I'm surprised that bricked it! Worth being extra careful then...
  • Some programmers are just lazy :-)
    Because they need to skip button processing instead of writing this wonderful message.
    As well as do not allow updating using power adapter, btw.
  • I get so nervous whenever I apply a patch. I hit update and then step away from the camera and I make sure the cam is someplace it won't accidentally get bumped or moved. Also is there a limit to how many times it can be patched? I've patched my GH1 around 8-9 times, and last thing I want is to be stuck on experimental settings and can't revert to a stable patch.
  • @CRFilms - I swapped between patches on a regular basis depending on what I was shooting, so I wouldn't worry about about how many times you can patch. Just don't hit any buttons during the update..
  • Sheesh - 220 pounds to fix. Be warned!!
  • stupid question but, is it safe to patch when there is no lens attached to the body?
  • Yes, done it many times
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions