Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
FS: GH2 + extras ($425)
  • I'm selling my GH2, which has served me long and hard as a workhorse camera for videography, and a b-camera on feature films and documentaries. This thing has shot footage for a Robert Redford doc! I've owned it for a little over 2 years, during which time I did use it on a lot of projects. However, it is still in very good condition.

The only sign of use, besides a few minor scuff marks on the base, are spots along the plastic bezel of the flip-out LCD screen, and on the transparent plastic covering of the screen itself, that were lightly melted when I used a magnifying LCD viewfinder loupe under direct sunlight. These are really only cosmetic, and even the bubbles in the screen itself disappear over light areas; they are only really noticeable when the screen is off, or if they fall over dark regions of an image. Touchscreen functionality is unaffected, and of course this doesn't affect recording quality in any way.

I'm including the original neck-strap, body cap, battery and battery charger, along with an external 5400mAH battery, charger, and adapter. The external battery can power the camera while recording for well over 6 hours without recharging, and it is quick to recharge. The external battery looks pretty rugged, but hey, it does the job. I'm also including a right-angle 3.5mm to 2.5mm audio jack adapter, so you can immediately start recording with any standard 1/8" audio input (Rode VideoMic, for example).

Please note, that the camera currently has the custom firmware patch "Moon T7" installed. If you have a card fast enough, this firmware really brings out the most that this camera has to offer, giving an All-Intra, extremely high bitrate, camera-optimized codec. I always used a 64GB 95Mbps SanDisk Ultra card, which worked beautifully. In 24H, I got about 55 minutes of recording time on the card. I've used most of the custom firmware patches, and have found this one to have the absolute highest quality of any. Again, if you win this auction or buy the camera now, please let me know whether you'd like to keep the custom bitrate, or if you'd like to have it reset to stock.

I've also listed this on eBay for $475, but wanted to offer it here for less.

The-Lumix-DMC-GH2-front_body.jpg
    1320 x 879 - 494K
    IMG_0809-Annotated.jpg
    1440 x 1175 - 979K
    IMG_0810-Annotated.jpg
    1440 x 849 - 607K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • SOLD. Thanks.