Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Batch converter to convert cineform with alpha channel?
  • I have to convert for a client more than 2000 (pre-keyed) clips from cineform 4k RGB+Alpha channel to 1920x1080 cineform with alpha channel. I have got the cineform studio premium codec and the adobe media encoder cc and created a watch folder, but unfortunately it always crashes after a few files. I contacted the adobe support, but they couldn't help me, so I tried it on a second computer: same problem.

Does anybody know a batch conversion tool that could do that job?

Best regards, Wolfram

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • I've used the batch convert with virtual dub 64bit successfully with cineform in and out re-sizing 2k gopro cineform to 1080p. admittedly without an alpha channel but I don't see why that wouldn't work. Might be worth a look if no one else comes back with anything and there are plenty of resamlping options with the available and 3rd party filters as well. Sony vegas will also do it fine with the pro codec and something like one of the vasst extensions but the resizing algorithm is not the best IMO.

I'm sure someone will have something more mainstream shortly but I've used both the above and they work fine :)