Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Slow Motion for the GH2
  • For in camera slow motion for the GH2 - after some research, it seems: shooting 720/50p (for PAL), conforming it to 24p, and placing it in a 24p sequence is the ideal thing to do.

Are there any other recommendations for in camera slow motion with the GH2?

And would conforming to 25p instead of 24p be okay?
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Use a shutter speed 2x the frame rate (at least).
    So for 50p use a shutter speed of 1/100 - 60p with 1/120 etc.
    You record more detail, which looks "good" when you slow it down.
  • You can also switch it to NTSC and gather 10 frames more per second.
  • Cheers for the response guys.

Is there anyway of shooting 1080/50p and conforming that to 1080/25p for slow motion?
  • Not with the GH2. You could shoot 50i and de-interlace, but it wouldn't be any better than 720p, considering the Kell-factor.
  • Ah damn, that's a shame! Guess I could just convert the 720/25p to 1080/25p.
  • What would everyone suggest for the best hacked slo-mo settings on the GH2 (720p/60fps)? Does cbrandin, Lpowell or driftwood have some ini files out there that blow the default codec cap out the water?
  • Here is a video I shot with a hacked GH2(zero adverse affects settings) and the 25mm F1.4 + 45mm F1.8. I shot in 720p @ 60 FPS for every segment. Then I did a 2x slow down for all of the dynamic moves. I think it worked out pretty well for an extremely low light video.

• @mpgxsvcd Thank you for the info. I'll try those settings out, maybe overwrite the 1080p/24 section with driftwoods new Pure Intra ini !
  • I'd love to be able to shoot full HD slow motion; is there some way to use the Motion JPEG features to accomplish this?

• Open source program for slowmotion: http://slowmovideo.granjow.net/