Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic HS700/TM700 codec
  • I bought this camcorder and i'm really impressed with the resolution of the image, but i have the curiosity to know if its possible to improve the cam like Vitaly did with the GH1 and GH2.

I've searched a lot but i didn't found any clue about it.
    As the Gh's... i think the Panasonic would put a lot of more attention on the codec of the HS700. Any chance to use the knowledge with the gh's on hs700?

Sorry if my comment is too much off-topic....its just curiosity. (and sorry for my poor english vocabulary too)
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • these camera shoot 1080/50p or 1080/60p in AVCHD (h264) @ 28Mbps which is nothing to complain about, and these 700 series camcorders are still rated as being brilliant camcorders, even tho they are now older and outdated.

i use 2x HDC-SDT750 cameras (this was the first 3D camcorder ever made) and even these still shoot in AVCHD 1080/50p @ 28Mbps, same quality as the 700 series cams.

nobody will ever make a hack for these types of camcorders, just be happy with what they are now, they are awesome cameras and shoot 28Mbps video.