Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What GH2 lens setup should I go with?
  • Hey, so I've had a GH2 for a bit now, and I'm in need of some nice lenses, I did some research and I came up with two different lens setups. Can't decide which one I should pick so if the community here could help me it would be very wonderful.

SETUP 1: Panasonic LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

SETUP 2: Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Nikon 28mm f/2.8D AF Nikkor , Nikon 50mm f/1.4D AF Nikkor Lens

I'm going to be filming for the most part, short films, and I want lenses that will give me a nice cinematic feel? (can't find the right word to use here) But, just want to get your guys' opinions on these setups and what you guys think I should do. I am on a budget here so if you are going to make other suggestions for setups please try to keep it below $850. Thanks!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @regaliafilms, me personally i'd go for setup 2. Nice range coverage with those lenses and great quality overall. Tho setup one also has great quality. The point tho is going to be how to YOU intend to use the camera and which focal lengths matter most to how you shoot. Do you already have a Lumix zoom lens? I'd at least have one so you can have some image stabilization for any hand held moving shots if you needed it.

• @Aria Yes I do have the Lumix zoom lens. Thank you for your suggestion! Appreciate the help.