Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DN2 900 LED lights vs. Felloni High Output
  • Has anybody her experience with the DN2 900 LED lights from the deal-section here? How bad is the green cast? How bright is it? And how does it compare to the Felloni Bi-Color High Output Panel in performance, since this is not so very much more expensive and has sort of "Dedo-Brand-credibility".

Happy about any tips. Thanks

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • it will be hard finding so with direct comparison experience. I was thinking too about deal vs Felloni and went for Felloni D50 HO daylight. I did not regret up to now. If you are keen on Bi-color Lupolight might be worth a look. Great quality but with double amount of LED. Felloni and other brands replace every second 5600k Led by a 3200k, Lupolight adds them -> double output. hth

• Instead of talking brands you need to check specs, light output, CRI and such.

DN2 is considered one of the best of Chinese lights. As far as I know guys who got them made quite hard beating of lights for quite a time and they are working ok.

• I don't care about brands. Just concerned about the light quality. I've seen some terrible greenish LED light from China before. Felloni's CRI is 84. Lupolight seem like a great tipp. CRI 94 and double amount of LED compared to the Felloni and for about the same price. But then again, thats just plain marekting specs. Has anybody first-hand experience with with the Lupolight? What is the CRI from the DN2 anyways?

• CRI in around 84-86 is typical now. Costly lights can have CRI at 94-96. Anyway, I really doubt about any manufacturer claiming lies on things you are talking.

• No scientific test, but I'm using the DN2 bi-colour and I'm really happy with it. It might have a very slight green cast, but that can be corrected in post.

• I have the version before the DN2 and just in 5600. With a 1/4-green they are fine and with the LEE 3200 LED conversion gel, they match tungsten very well.

I had some of the really cheap 90's and one of the Cowboy Studio 500's before that everyone has rebranded and the green cast was uncorrectable IMO. If you put these lights on PV including the 509, I think it's called, next to those other cheap ones everyone buys, the cheap ones literally look green. Not a green spike, GREEN!

• I have the version before the DN2 and just in 5600

What is exactly "version before the DN2 "? What this means at all in the topic about specific lights?

• I have the DN2 900 along with some other lights. I can't say there is a green cast at all. I've used them extensively.

Here is an example:

Here's a still http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8045/8394251797_e144708ecc_b.jpg

Another http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8092/8459456540_8965f2e943_b.jpg This has the AS312 as a rim light.

All of the examples above are with the 3200 balanced 50% against the 5600

I'll have some similar examples up but using KinoSuns with KinoFlo tubes - at the moment I prefer the Kinoflos, but they are a lot more work to transport, and a bit fragile.