Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Gh2 720p unhacked
  • I am shooting with a gh2 in 720p. I edit using sony vegas 11 in a progressive timeline. I render from vegas to a 720 x480 mpeg checking progressive then I take this mpeg file into nero 11 to make dvds. Should I make the dvd progressive or interlaced nero has the option of both . Im just trying to figure out advantages and disadvantages of staying progressive all the way through or should I be using interlaced for standard def dvds?

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • For DVD I export my 60p footage as 60i out of Vegas then use that for the DVD burn progam import, you keep the smooth motion of the original footage that way.

• Thank you so much for your reply. so you edit in a progressive timeline then when it comes time to make the mpeg you use interlace instead of progressive? Then you keep it interlaced in your dvd authoring program?

• what do you find to be the best file to render to in vegas? mpeg? or avi? thanks again for your knowledge

• I use Vegas DVD Architect for authorising DVD so I export out of Sony Vegas in a DVD architect 60i mpeg template so it doesn't need to be re rendered only burnt. Yes edit in the format you shot in and export in the format you want to deliver in. There are alternate workflows but this should get you going.

• anyone compare 720p to hbr on gh2 with sanity 4 hack any thoughts on quality?

• 720p is normally selected for its higher frame rates at capture, HBR is only going to be 30p and both when exported as DVD resolution will be virtually indistinguishable quality wise.

You should be thinking about what the best capture format is for the type of situation your shooting.

• thank you so much Rambo. I don't use architect I use nero for making my dvds. I film in 720p because I deal with a lot of motion. so if im understanding you I should edit in progressive than use main concept widescreen ntsc in 60i? Is architect a better quality mpeg maker than a standalone one like nero? I got confused because in nero it gives me the option before I burn my dvd to either interlace progressive or automatic. I understand that the only progressive dvd that can be made is 24p. what would 720p footage rendered in 24p look like compared to 720p rendered to interlaced for dvd? and thanks again for all this eductation I appreciate it. Im just looking to take my 720p footage from my gh2 that's hacked with sanity 4 and deliver the best looking standard dvd I can

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions