Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fotodiox slider
  • Fotodiox Pro SlideCam 600 - 24"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CYSX148/

Same naming scheme and specs as the Varavon sliders but with different legs and lower price. Does anyone know if this slider is any good?

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Damn, looks like they copied it for sure. I have a Varavon with these legs but wish it had the newer ones.

• @chopnshoot

Nope, that I see is cheap Chinese slider present in internal Chinese market. Made as visual copy of early Varavon slider.

• think its unusable? can this same slider be bought for cheaper somewhere else? haven't seen a roller bearing slider of this size come in at this price before.

• @chopnshoot

We had one of cheap slider on deals, and it was better than this one.

• Can you point me to that slider? what was the brand? I'm looking to buy something for a project coming up soon. how can you tell its better based off the pics?

• http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/6588/new-sliders-light-and-long#Item_3

how can you tell its better based off the pics?

I mostly ask Chinese guys who tried stuff. :-)

• Didn't look like they guy who bought that slider had a good experience. Not sure how the pics of that slider prove better quality. I'm no expert in sliders so pardon my ignorance.

• Didn't look like they guy who bought that slider had a good experience.

Thing is, cheap sliders often come without proper bearing settings, it is that he wrote. Period.

• Okay I pulled the trigger on this slider. My first impression out the box is that its a solid slider. I've worked with Kessler, Konova, Varavon and IndiSlider before. I'd put this right below IndiSlider and below the current Varavon. Never the less its a solid piece. Shipped as is, the bearings need a bit of adjusting which I will do tomorrow as soon as I can get my hands on some needle nose pliers.

Amazon messed up my order for and my fluid head didn't arrive with the slider. I should have that Monday I guess. By then I should the bearing adjustment situated. Having played with it for a couple of minutes one thing is very noticeable, the slider is very loud. I shoot music videos mainly so the sound isn't a big deal for me but if you're doing a fast slide, this thing is going to make some noise. I'm not sure if the bearing adjustments will fix that or not.

Below is a quick test video I did with the NEX 5n. In the test I let the slide bump the edges to visually show I traveling the full length at pretty consistent speed. In this test this the how the bearings were without adjustment. I'll post a full adjusted video in a couple of days.