Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Who needs sleep?
  • Who needs sleep? 14+ hour days on film sets can be potentially dangerous...

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Important topic.

reality is the majority that prefer money. The problem is, lack of values

• This is one of those idiotic things that everyone just does without asking any questions. Who decided that film sets had to work 14 hour days? It's just stupidity. I know the bs economic reasons: equipment rental is by day, not by hour and locations may only be available for limited times. It seems employment contracts are all over the place, some by day, hour, entire shoot.

None of these, in my view, are valid reasons. Not compared with the amount of errors and bad decisions that get made for no other reason than fatigue. One injury can wipe your cash out. And the product? The films will always suffer. I never work my people more than 9 hours, unless I have no choice. It's called "planning" and leaving gaps for the inevitable problems that always occur. I want the best from everyone, I want them focused and rested.

The only reason these long days happen is the old "duh, that's the way we do it".