Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Watching now
  • 18 Replies sorted by
  • I'm just sooooo sad microsoft is trying to kill all self-determination for users... dumb all down.. im never going to install any system other than xp64, so it seems... :( where is the "advanced users" mode?? -.-
  • >I'm just sooooo sad microsoft is trying to kill all self-determination for users... dumb all down..

Please, try to keep your level, as such comment sinks it.
  • Thanks Vitaliy, very interesting! A very confident presentation, they've come a long way.
  • IT becomes even more interesting.

I like their trick with ultrabook :-)
  • i dont get it- did i say something offensive?
  • A cloud-based melting pot of online social networking apps... do not want. Windows 7 hit the sweet spot for me.
  • >i dont get it- did i say something offensive?

Nope :-)
    I just noted what you are smarter then it could appear from this fast comment.
    I know it from prior expirience.
    OS discussions are flamy, so do not want to go here.
    Why I posted it? Personally, I think it is important.
  • >Windows 7 hit the sweet spot for me.

Yep.
    "Windows 2000 is the only real OS, XP is for dummies" :-)
  • Okay I get it. :) yes they are flamy^^ - i think its real interesting what they do with the new app system on windows 8. It makes the impression although that it will be difficult to use those apps together with windows explorer- for drag and drop applications, as i understand it. that i find sad, to clarify my first post in this thread. :)
  • I'd get Win8 when I get CS7. :)
  • Based on previous crap/good/crap MS OS product release schedules Windows 9 is going to be great. I get most of what they're doing with Win 8, though it makes questionable sense on a desktop machine, adding the ribbon interface to all explorer windows makes no sense to me at all. Would have to try it though, it can't be as bad as the new version of Gnome after all.
  • I don't know if this was already discussed, and I'm sure this isn't the most appropriate thread, but I'm writing away from my computer - so I apologize. Does everyone know that there's an AVCHD update for QT7 which lets you playback AVCHD natively (without conversioin)? This is really a must know news for the Mac users. I installed the plug in yesterday and it works in the OSX preview mode too. Plus! You can now load MTS files into InqScriber (if you ever heard about it - one of the most convenient things to do your logging)
  • @GOODEMPIRE, link to the AVCHD update?
  • @GOODEMPIRE Thanks. QuickTime plays MTS files flawlessly.
  • So this explains a lot of microsofts intrest in Nokia.
  • Sorry @GOODEMPIRE, I installed the plug in, but I can't get it to work. When I select the file i get "The movie contains an incorrect duration."

• You can find all sessions and keynotes recordings at http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/BUILD/BUILD2011