Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
mixing footage from GH2 and GH3?
  • Hi guys, I am totally new to photo cameras. I am a video editor and I always filmed with HD cameras. Now I got myself a GH3 and on different shoots it outperformed my HD cameras by far. For the last concert I shot I took my GH3 and for a friend of mine (first time operating such a camera) I borrowed another GH3 from a store (55 Euro a day plus insurance and taxes) and we recorded what I think GREAT looking footage:

I really love my GH3. For future shoots I plan on buying another GH3 before I spend money each time on the rent but I need at least one more camera besides my own GH3, the additional one I am going to buy and the Gopro3 I use for some different looks and angles (it actually mixes in quite nicely - it gives a different view / picture but it looks cool and gives you some variety). I am tight on budget so I was thinking of buying a used GH2. How will this one mix in with the GH3? Which firmware should I feed that baby (I heard there are a lot of different firmware hacks)? And what lenses do you recommend? I have the 12-35 and 35-100 lenses. Have to get one more and was thinking of getting one for filming from close range (also for music videos where I can stand very close to the artist and have some nice bokeh). I thought of the Magic SLR 0,95 25mm lense but that dreamy look...would it fit the look from the other lenses if we do a multicamera shoot? I always film in 1080p/50 and create for myself the videos in 1080p/50. For blu-ray video I convert to 1080i/30. How would the GH2 footage fit in a mix that has the other cameras set at 1080p/50?

A lot of questions...I will be thankful for any answers on any of my questions.

Thanks guys.