Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony HXR-NX3

• Wi-Fi capability allows you to connect with a variety of Android and iOS devices.
    • Records video in the AVCHD 2.0 format, including 1080/60P
    • 60i and 24p modes provide playback compatibility with Blu-ray players
    • HDMI connector provides uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 while shooting and allows users to record high-quality images on an external video recorder
    • Dual media slots allow simultaneous recording to two SD memory cards in ‘Simul’ mode

Sony plans to release the HXR-NX3 camcorder in January 2014 for a suggested list price of $3,495.

lens27.jpg
    706 x 551 - 45K
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • I can't believe the MSRP Sony slapped on this 2014 pro-sumer, fixed lens video camera, especially when it still only captures 1080p @ 8 bits. No wonder their electronics stock keeps plummeting. Their "price vs features" (aka bean counter) department lives on another planet.

At the very least it should have had true 10 bit 4:2:2 capture.

• I can't believe the MSRP Sony slapped on this 2014 pro-sumer, fixed lens video camera, especially when it still only captures 1080p @ 8 bits. No wonder their electronics stock keeps plummeting. Their "price vs features" (aka bean counter) department lives on another planet.

LOL. Something tells me that Sony managers know better than you that price to set.
    Their 4K cameras are not much more :-)