Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
vashi-praia (hat trick test)
  • 4 biuli

SOUNDTRACK

André Tasso

This is simply a handfull of shots put together for testing 3 things:
    • a new mini rig set - though it's a bit pretentious to call that a rig :P
    • a tweaked to taste Vashi Nedomansky's VashiMorphic40 template
    • and incorporating LUTs to my workflow, in this case Fujifilm Eterna

Thanks to my dear gifted André Tasso =)
    also thanks to Vashi and @TrackZillas

gashô

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • @maxr This footage is great - just kills. Love the compositions. What cam and lenses were used? Thanks for posting.

• Very very nice. Photo of mini rig? I've been spending a silly amount of time trying to get my rig to be small and still do what i need it to, I think I am finally getting there.

• @matt_gh2 hope it steals a smile from you:
    GEAR
    gh3 + 14-140 first version + genustech eclipse variND (nice stuff)
    Sound, Rode video mic (the very old version) + zoom H1 - though at times (think last shots) sound is SOC

No image stabilisation in post whatsoever and at times I switched OIS off, to check my different epileptic styles :P

Some shots (756mm equiv with TelEx) with a Benro monopod - this thing is dirty cheap (in comparison with gitzos, manfrottos and the kind), well though, well built, compact (42cm long) and light enough

Pretty much walking the coast and seldom shooting. I never know what I am doing once I start recording (and I like it :) nor spend more than 3 secs composing a shot and is very rare to do more than a take at it... but I have some photographic background accumulated and what is more important zero patience, je je

Thank you Matt =)

@Alienhead whatzup Ted?!!! Thanks... since I edited/graded this one almost 20 days ago (was waiting for mr music) I have changed my workflow a bit, managed to create inside color a huge noodle tree that works for almost any footageI and gives me differents lapriconian micro-contrasts, also found a very very nice Linear2Log LUT made by Oleg and, boy, does it make a difference!!!; you should see the ripple tones in the cat's eye I shot 2 days ago.

Anyway it is barely a rig, more a rag I made with velcro some steel little pieces with holes and glue... a lot of glue. But already used twice and... it does the job. André, the guy who made the music, took a picture the other day... I'll check if he can send it to me... as me shooting my naked baby frankenstein feels awkward, ja ja ja
    If yours is the one is the NY video, is already breathing no? Buen finde • max

• Hilarious @maxr, a rag with sticks and glue huh. Man everything you write is some kind of poetry, I'm not sure what you are saying sometimes but it sounds very cool.

Anyway the thing I had in that video wasn't a rig it was just a handle and an Edelkrone monitor holder, which is a cool concept but too heavy and it was pretty pricey too. My rig is made of some Gini parts, and it has the monitor on the front/bottom where it's out of the way but I can still see it. The Camera is directly over my shoulder, and I've made the camera mount into a shoulder pad that also has a battery I got from ebay fitted in it that can power the GH2, monitor and a Zoom H4n all at once. There's a plate with holes and a weight on the back so that the rig isn't too front-heavy. I can have a follow focus and a heavy lens and it still seems ok, I will have to test it out soon.

• Anyway the thing I had in that video wasn't a rig it was just a handle and an Edelkrone monitor holder, which is a cool concept but too heavy and it was pretty pricey too. My rig is made of some Gini parts, and it has the monitor on the front/bottom where it's out of the way but I can still see it. The Camera is directly over my shoulder, and I've made the camera mount into a shoulder pad that also has a battery I got from ebay fitted in it that can power the GH2, monitor and a Zoom H4n all at once. There's a plate with holes and a weight on the back so that the rig isn't too front-heavy. I can have a follow focus and a heavy lens and it still seems ok, I will have to test it out soon.

@Alienhead my rag is far away of that "professional" level, I'm such a bad father ... there you go buddy

photo © André Tasso

with french crazy chick and all • blackman8 scalling (the new lanczos)
    photo © André Tasso

Other than my future proof long audio cable - for monitoring while laying on bed - the genius thing (jajaja I'm so high) you cannot really see in the pics, is that H1 is mounted in a flexible velcro strap with a quick detach mini tripod plate and also can be set at any of the sides or facing back the GH3. Vitaliy was spot on when he said that headphones output shamefully block the rear LCD screen. There is a saying in north of Spain which goes "nobody thinks his/her farts smell bad or that his/her kids are ugly" :P

And as promised Bilú the XXI cat boss, yo

• @maxr Great F...ing footage love the vibe, composition and aesthetics. I really wanna start to mess around with the anamorphic VashiMorphic40 plugin, but still trying to figure out how to install it in After Effects. Do you have a specific install guide? Keep posting more videos..

• @TrackZillas {Groucho Marx impersonation} No, thank yo! - starts walking in his very peculiar fashion around the table with flower vase

VashiMorphic40 it's not a plugin, it's an AE project file which joins some of AE in-built plugins as a preset.
    --- Here you'll find it:

AFTER EFFECTS PLUGIN PROJECT WORKFLOW:

1. VASHIMORPHIC is by default 1920×1080 / 23.976 FPS / 16:9 aspect ratio.

2. Use a full frame camera with a 28mm or 35mm lens.
      APS-C camera use a 20mm or 24mm. BMCC use a 10mm or 12mm.

3. Capture your footage in 16:9 format and frame for 2.35 during the shoot.

4. Import your footage into the “Your Footage” layer of After Effects.

5. Adjust CI Vignette settings to taste.
      Default setting is 10% Opacity and 200 pixel feather.

6. Adjust Corner Blur to taste. Default is 3 pixels with repeat edges on.

7. Render out footage to the codec of your choice.

As you can access the effects, you can also change them. I myself changed several aspects of the project, mainly on vignettes shape, feather, and saturation. At Vashi's blog, link above, there are other guys who changed and shared theirs. If you want, I'm more than happy sending you my version, just PM me ,-)

BTW in same blog you can find 35 Free Film Editing Tools and Assets, some are quite useful

• Thanks for the resources and info..