Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
My latest vid from Mauritius; GH2, no hack, 1st use of Magic Bullet.
  • A video made for a Mauritian hotel where the brief was a people focus (my suggestion / preference) and an online film festival feel.

Looking for any thoughts on the filming, editing, colouring, whatever I could have done differently. Still not got round to using a hack as stability is priority when on quick run & gun style trips, and out of the cam quality is fine for the purpose. Colouring was light touch, barely more than corrective but it's a start... other details on youtube.

Peter

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Looks great. (BTW, if you want stability when using hack settings, take a look at settings by @bkmcwd as his first focus is to make sure everything works smoothly. He's got a variety of hack settings he's created that achieve different looks.)

• @matt_gh2 haven't logged in for a while but thanks for this, will check his hacks out for getting the gh2 footage closer to the gh4 when I get my hands on one!

• Nice video, it held my interest. One suggestion I have is to mix more background sound along with the music. For example in the section from 3:12-3:27 mix in some subtle restraunty, sizzling, cooking sounds. It would have to be very subtle though so as not to disrupt the flow of the movie.

Something I've never thought of before is that we could try shooting some scenes for how interesting the audio is, not just based on how interesting the visual part is. (My choice of words may be unclear since I don't know the cinematography terms)

• Cheers @DanPV - yes I could have spent more time on the audio but it's another string to the bow and not my strong point. Also, doing more work for a video has to be paid for and client's budget doesn't always stretch - it will not make the video any more or less successful in most cases. I do carry a separate sound recorder for the purpose, and occasionally leave the camera recording to capture more ambient sound, as with the sound of the birds at the end of this pic. You can hear lots of noise from not using a decent recorder for that.