Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
EU: It sucks
  • New European Commission regulations mean that the motors in vacuum cleaners will be limited to 1,600W from September next year and 900W from 2017

Vacuum cleaners will become less powerful under European Union rules designed to cut energy use that come into force next year.

“People who don't know much about vacuums don't think the wattage is important, but people that know about them do."

Dyson says the tests ignore how well a vacuum cleaner works over time and do not measure the way that designs with bags lose performance over time because they rely on filters to trap dust and dirt.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10423431/EU-energy-saving-rules-cut-power-of-vacuum-cleaners.html

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Well, that's not the beginning of the end, since the end has started a long time ago. But as a European guy who is committed to vote for one of our future representatives in the European Commission, this news is truly one of the signs that this Europe will eventually fall apart and that I therefore need absolutely to take part of this crucial elections. Thinking that a strong Euro will be on pair with a drastic energy cut for vacuum cleaners cheers me a lot. I will stop thinking that I'm day to day loosing freedom while cleaning my flat. I will stop wondering why some guys invented an Europe that is a the perfect symbiosis between a communism dictatorship and a an Anglo-saxon liberal world. Anyway, the European Commission has just invented the organic vacuum cleaner. I think everybody will agree with this. American people should pray their Congress for such an initiative. Maybe, one day, they could therefore catch the attention of Mr. Poutine.

• Europe will become a dirtier place! The rats will have to be trained to sweep the floors or someone can develop a hack to give those vacuum cleaners more juice!

• Or maybe, this is because some guy managed to make an excellent free energy system generator from one of these motors and they are just playing secure, and making 900W handicapped for that ;-)