Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sensor charachter CCD CMOS NMOS what to buy?
  • why are new sensors so plastic like???? they have no charactet like the old CCD school. I know they have better dinamic range but...still not color acurate. Seems to me that canon colorimetri and sensors are the most recognised by its image, having more charachter in them, so does the GH2 NMOS sensor and its 8 bit hacked color matrixes but shit i hate its banding.

RED ARRI and BMCC are plastic like image, yes you can postprocess, but still you have to post to take it.

Ikonoskop A-CamDIII was an exelent implementation of one kodak sensor. Its image its quiet amazing.

Panasonic on its HPX500 is a pefect example of nice image aquisition.

why do all now bother about Dynamic range and forget about color acuracy.

im soon diging my GH2 but i dont know what to buy... ikonoskop its too old now only 1080p ...........

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • First, it is now almost impossible to buy any CCD camera, except some compacts and few old or special cameras:-)

Second, sensor color feel is very complex thing if you talk about ProRes or AVCHD. If you talk about raw it is defined almost only by color filters (and also slightly by IR filter above sensor).