Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wedding Expo's and how they help with your wedding business
  • I just finished my last for the year and I'll be doing the rounds again next year. We have 6-8 major expos in out area and maybe 10 smaller ones. The biggest will have 60 - 100 exhibitors and the smaller ones usually have 10-20.

I started doing expo's about 5 years ago and gave up after my first 4 - the response was abysmal and so I gave up. Last year I tried again and had a different result - the difference, a big stand (2.4mx2.3m), a big TV (55") and an amp & speakers to suit. The problem for me was getting lost in the crowd. Only 3 out of 10 weddings here have video so it's not something brides are looking for unless I hit them in the face with it - and I do.

I don't take orders on the day, I believe it's about exposure and I've certainly seen couples come to multiple expo's and their interest increases over time. I booked 5 weddings the day after 1 expo, don't usually do that well but I can certainly see the website traffic & the enquires peak after an expo.

I'll do most expo's in the area next year and after that I might sit back and be a bit more strategic in which ones I attend.

the field is certainly evolving, at the last expo I had a pole dancing exhibition right next to me and an intimate apparel & sex toy stand a bit further up. I was pretty funny to be talking to the brides and watching the guys trying not to look at the dancers next door.