Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 1080/50fps... Possible?
  • Hi there, I'm shooting 1/3 of a music video here in North America and the rest of it is shot in Europe @ 50fps.

I did manage to hack the camera but @ 1080i it only shoots at 25fps (according to the info provided in Premiere when i import the footage) Cant find any threads in regards to this and this is my last effort to find out this answer. Thanks for your attention.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Unfortunately, it's never been capable of that. The GH3 is, but then you get that Sony sensor in your look (Huge somehow makes it look good). The GH2 is only capable of 24/25/30 fps at 1080 or 50/60fps at 720. Unless something magical happened overnight.

• Blown up 720p50 does wonders with good settings and digital panasonic supersharp lenses.

• It shoots 1080 50i in FSH mode

• Premiere sees it like 25i so you should set the sequence settings to 50i manually

• I think 50i in the camera menu and 25i in premiere is exactly the same in this case. 1080 50i in the GH2's menu means 50 half-frames/interlaced frames per second (adding them up you would get 25 full frames but with interlace-combing) Premiere just uses a different description for that and thus it shows as 25i which means 25 frames per second, but in a interlaced form which would be 50 half frames per second. Was that understandable? sorry it's difficult to explain.