Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Help With Resolve: Not Exporting the Correct Grade!
  • Hi, All I'm having trouble with Resolve 9.

It is not exporting the grade that I have currently done. It looks one way with in Resolve (even the preview as it exports), but the final file looks like a previous version of the grade.

I have no idea why it is doing this, can't figure it out. I deleted the previous version, emptied trash, even saved the new file in a new location, and it has messed it up twice.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • The green one is what I'm getting in the final file (Yuck!) and the second one is what it looks like in Resolve prior to export.

Bad.jpg
    1945 x 840 - 224K
    Resolve.jpg
    1648 x 711 - 170K
  • you could check the levels setting in file settings and export settings as well. If it's a screenshot of a computer monitor: Resolves display window is not color managed. You are meant to look at picture through a video io card (decklink) on broadcast monitor.

• I've done countless other videos without a video card or broadcast monitor. I use a Dell U3011, and it has always turned out looking the same in the exported file as it did in-program. Except for now. Now it looks like crap.

• Might want to check the data color level on the delivery tab in resolve. Try it with unscaled /full instead or legal 709 or automatic. Looks like you're expecting it to export full color depth and it's set to automatic and giving you rec 709 resulting in a less contrasty/ lightly washed out image.

• Have you been working in resolve prior to now?