Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Want to beat Moire by Preparing before the Shoot- Need advice
  • I have a tough situation in an upcoming shoot. I'll be shooting two actors and about 4-6 feet behind them will be a mesh-like screen (this is on a screened in porch, and its that metal mesh/net/screen material used to keep bugs out). How do I avoid moire? (I'm shooting on a GH2 with old manual focus Lomo lenses (28mm and 50mm) using Intravenus 2 hack setting.) All advice and recommendations much appreciated - thanks in advance.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • There shouldn't be any moire if you're focused on the actors. If there is, try moving the actors further away from the screen, even a few inches should do the trick.

• Make sure you have a way to really look at the video, like an external monitor, and consider using a camera with less moire, like a rental for a few days. Make sure you have the sharpening turned down in the camera. If you are using a hacked firmware, do a few tests, there are slight differences in the way the firmware handles very small details, but moiree is just kind of built in to the cam on some level.

• @htinla @DrDave Thanks guys. Great advice