Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
YouTube Audio Library
  • Youtube launched the YouTube Audio Library. Any YouTube creator now has access to more than 150 royalty-free instrumental tracks you can use for free, forever, for any creative purpose (not just YouTube videos).

Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary?feature=blog

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Thank you. Perfectly on time!:) I was just loosing game (time and hope) with Garageband or
    rather with mine ability in this matter :) I never found "free" music which is actually free till now. Shame it is from youtube ;( Thanks again

• Are we allowed to collect adsense money for videos that have these songs in them? If so then this is the best thing youtube has ever done.

• @mpgxsvcd

It is only 150 compositions. Not much, really. I think for quite acceptable money you can get CDs or some custom tracks.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

The problem is finding good music that you can license for commercial use for free or at least next to nothing. I haven’t listened to the new youtube tracks yet but if they are good then it would be great for what I like to do.

Pretty much every sporting event now blasts popular copy written music in the background. You can’t use the audio from the tracks you recorded commercially on youtube so you have to mute the original audio and play music over those tracks.

Youtube has always offered music that you can overlay on top of your videos. However, that music has never been licensed to us for commercial use before. The artist always got all of the proceeds even if the majority of the content was provided by you.

If these new tracks can truly be used for our own commercial use then that is great.

I really wish the copyright laws allowed you to use someone else’s audio if the audio was not significant to the creative work as a whole. I know. I know. Determining what is significant or not is a slippery slope.

I tried creating my own music but it was so much more time consuming than creating the videos was. I guess that is why the musician's rights to the proceeds will always trump the photographer's rights.

• @mpgxsvcd

I suggest to check http://www.smartsound.com/sonicfire if you like something more or less advanced.

• I will probably donate some of my audio tracks, and I suppose others will as well.

• @DrDave

Problem here is that it require something like Sonicfire tech to be really useful. Just bunch of tracks can make it very hard to use fast.

• cool. This plus VideoBlocks is a good starting point.