Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
In need of work or learning experience
  • I'm 18 I live in California near Los Angeles, just graduated high school a few months ago and not headed to college I was wondering if anybody could offer me any type of work shooting for them or whatever if you need help on a shoot, need a DP, editor, need help with a short film I don't really care I'll take whatever I can get even if it's little pay if its a really great opportunity to advance my career or a great learning experience or will get me connections to bigger artists or somebody famous or set up a job for me working for a company whatever I'll even do it for free if so but if anybody has any type of job they need done i'm down too do it. I don't only do music videos I'll do whatever. You can find my work on https://vimeo.com/deshondixon Here's a few samples of my work

• 20 Replies sorted by
  • Damn, DeShon, you're just 18? Might help to let people know where you're from, where you can be, etc.

If you're ever in Lake Tahoe, let me know... ;)

• I really hope you find something and I'm sure you will in time. Its too bad you aren't continuing school. College is a great opportunity to meet people in your area to work with. Many jobs require a Bachelors Degree just to get an interview. You are talented and I don't doubt you will do well whatever road you take. Best of luck!

• @Hallvalla I live in Palmdale like an hour and a half outside of LA im pretty sure thats near lake tahoe

• @matthewcarr yeah i would've continued onto college but I didnt get good grades in high school do to me being busy with football, wrestling, and shooting music videos but I don't plan on going the regular route with my videos where they require me to get interviewed im doing freelance forever unless some production company picks me up lol which will still probably be freelance for me lol

• @DeShonDixon Cool, I didn't get good grades in High School either. If you ever decide you want to give it a try look at Community/Junior Colleges as a starting point. They are cheaper and accept pretty much everyone. If you like it then you can earn an Associates Degree in 2 years and transfer that to a State University to pick up the Bachelors Degree. Thats what I did but you are more talented and motivated than I was at your age. I hope it all works out for you, best.

• @matthewcarr Yeah i'm too impatient for all that I can't go to college all those years I just wanna shoot videos all the time plus the junior college in my town is crap

• If you want to get your foot in the door, there's the Streetlights Production Assistant Program that helps young people learn to be working PA's. Supposedly you have to be at least 20 yrs old though, but look into it anyway. Keep shooting and putting your work out there - good luck!

http://streetlights.org/index2.html

• I wish I was 18 again in this day and age..ha. You have raw talent thats for sure. Just keep doing what you do, experiment, innovate, putting stuff out. You will get noticed. Hard work pays off. And keep on surrounding yourself with all those talented artists.

• hey deshon, i think you're really good, keep it up man!

by the way, your videos look good on vimeo, would you share your export settings please?

• What were your duties on the "Reaching" video?

Nice work!

• @MRfanny thanks a lot dude! @bumsklumpen They're pretty basic just mp4 1080p 20mb @rockroadpix what where my duties on the "reaching" video? what do you mean by this? If your talking about directing shooting editing it was all me I do everything alone

• finally up on the official page

• thanks dude! nice work again and it seems like you have good guys to work with :)

• @bumsklumpen Thanks dude yeah they where pretty awesome to work with I was having fun with them joking around during the whole shoot they're some funny guys

• You have talent man and talent deserves to rise to the top. Go to these company websites and contact every person on there and send them your reel. The Prettybird link even has a specific email to send your reel! They are two of the biggest music video companies! One of them should take your bait! God bless your endeavors man, keep trusting in Him! http://www.prettybirdus.com/contact/ and http://www.hsiproductions.com/contact

• @mjfan Doing it right now thank you so much dude!

• you're welcome man! it's really great that you are near LA, lots of opportunity there with music videos!! I would also attend any music/film events and network and get contact info so that you can send your reel! Also maybe via google find the agents/managers of music artists and contact them. Another idea is to send your reel to record labels!! They always want their artists to have a nice music video and you can provide that! All the best man and God bless! I look forward to seeing your work on TV in the near future!!

• Even an internship is a good way to get in!! you just need to get into the system, once you are in, you will go far!! remember, get in the system!!

• @mjfan Yeah i've been doing that send my work to the agents/managers thing for like the past month or two it just recently worked out not a for big artist but definitely somebody I was a fan of and have always wanted to work with plus he has connections to bigger artists so i'm gonna do my best job on this video so he'll wanna work with me again

• great man! that's how it works! doing great work leads to another bigger thing! you got it man!