Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How do you start a project?
  • I am interested in what you do to set up a project to enhance a camera? I'm looking at some interesting cameras.

• 20 Replies sorted by
  • Can you elaborate in details what you mean?

• it all starts with invoicing advanced payment.

• it all starts with invoicing advanced payment.

LOL

• @peaceonearth No, no, no. You need to find a nice hipster couple, and shoot a kickstarter video that talks about puppies and flowers and shit. The camera will then enhance itself.

• I think hipsters are not required. Just couple of cats, good garden and good idea. Like horrom movie about cat and his mouse shot under big roses bush.

• Its pretty obvious....

About the normal projects here to hack cameras to enhance them. How do you normally establish and set them up here?

• wow, the whole conversation hit a brick wall instantly, everyone was laughing and goofing off and then BAM!!! lmao

FAQ at the top has all you need to know.

• Thanks Gravitate, at least there is a serious reply. FAQ instead of conversation will have to do. A funnier joke would have been "camera will enhance the closer you get behind the cat".

Does not seem to have anything in the FAQ s, only one that is not working:

www.personal-view.com/faqs/project-x/start

• Just read all the top ones, it is enough.

• I think I'll give up. Ptools FAQs don't tell me how to start projects here for other non Panasonic cameras. For illustration, if I wanted to change the Olympus e-pm1 which is on sale at the moment, or the black magic pocket camera, or Samsung note 3 4k p30 to p50 or raw, and other snap dragon 800 cameras. Whatever I eventually buy that needs a bit more.

At the moment I am too old and feeble in health to play games anymore.

• @Mystery

I think it is impossible to understand "Ptools FAQs don't tell me how to start projects here for other non Panasonic cameras. For illustration, if I wanted to change the Olympus e-pm1 which is on sale at the moment, or the black magic pocket camera, or Samsung note 3 4k p30 to p50 or raw".

As FAQ clearly states that is PTool and that it is for.

• I'm sorry. The top faqs you mentioned are ptool faqs not site related faqs on registering and running a project that was asked about. People often look at things from experience rather than the writer's intention, which is usually stated. When ever this happens it is normally continuous and not worth continuing.

I'll tidy up and finish off my other posts.

Thanks.

• The top faqs you mentioned are ptool faqs not site related faqs on registering and running a project that was asked about.

Thing is it is impossible to understand your intention.

What is "site related faqs on registering and running a project that was asked about"?

• @Mystery Not all cameras can be hacked/enhanced. I believe the FAQ in PTool should tell you which ones. The Panasonic GH2 is a good camera to get if you want an inexpensive camera that can be hacked and give you nice image quality. Below is a link that explains how to 'install a hack'. Click this link and scroll down to where Driftwood has explained the steps you need to do in order to install a hack ("enhance your camera"). Hope this helps. Most people have a little trouble at first trying to figure it out, but you'll be set soon enough.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4828/driftwood-experimental-series-2-low-rider-cluster-v8-v9-intravenus-ii-gh3onagh2-an-boom/p30

• seems like he is asking of how to start a "hacking proyect camera thread" like Vitaliy´s Stalin proyect, he doesn´t seem like a hacker though, so perhaps i´m wrong

• @Lolo

Thanks Lolo, one smart cookie. Of course, it is blindingly obvious. Changing settings in a camera is also not much of a hack either, going deeper and giving a camera new functionality past firmware settings without excuses is.

I know not to work with anybody that gets even the obvious repeatedly wrong, or just acts like it. I should be developing new cameras rather than hang out for this.

Now, as I said, I am here to finish off my conversation responsibilities before leaving over at the gopro 4 thread with Rambo. You should come over I have something interesting to say.

• I forgot, it is more than starting a thread, about responsibilities and eventual pages.

• If you think your initial posts were "obvious" you might need to rethink that term or have someone who speaks clear English translate your posts.

This "I am interested in what you do to set up a project to enhance a camera? I'm looking at some interesting cameras" makes no sense and might be one of the vaguest things I have ever seen on a thread.

• Softer, I'm not the one that needs to learn English, reading , or non self oriented contexts. I am intelligent enough to sit read and think about what a person says, rather than what I expect it to say. All such confusions are on the readers part.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions