Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
IBC 2011 in Amsterdam

• Via:
    http://philipbloom.net/2011/09/09/ace/

I''ll be adding information here as soon as I'll get it.

Leave here message or send me PM if you'll be at IBC and could cover some other aspects of this exhibition.
  • 21 Replies sorted by
  • I am going to IBC on sunday the 11th of september, LAFCPUG SuperMeet afterwards. What exactly do you expect?
  • >What exactly do you expect?

Look at our forum topics.
    Large sensor cameras (pro and small), various useful gear (tripods, rigs, etc), editing software.
    Something like it.
    Plus anything you'll find interesting yourself.

Btw, thanks for your offer.
  • I will be around there. PM me.
  • Look at Atomos Samurai too :-)

3D Film Factory, the leader in professional, affordable 3D camera rigs, introduces the World’s lightest, most affordable, handheld 3D rig - the 3D Bullet Rig. Ready to “Load & Shoot”, this versatile 3D system is literally unshakable for handheld or steadicam filming, as well as studio productions.

Priced at a fraction of other professional 3D rigs, this compact, modular beam-splitter rig is the perfect solution for location, reality, or action 3D filmmaking. It’s features actually surpass that of other more expensive rigs.

“The 3D Bullet Rig is going to take 3D production to a whole new level. I love this rig. It’s incredibly light, rock steady and most of all – it’s really easy to shoot with from your shoulder, or tripod. This rig is a 3D filmmakers dream, very versatile“, said the company’s veteran stereographer Keith Driver. “Most 3D rigs are bulky, expensive and worst of all - tripod bound. They require a crew to operate. We’ve shot 3D projects in Africa, the Middle East, Hollywood soundstages, you name it we’ve done it in 3D. And we realized we needed a more mobile 3D rig. A 3D rig you could just pick up and shoot with. This is the 3D Bullet Rig.”

Weighing approx. 13 lbs. (5.8 kgs.) the steady 3D Bullet Rig accommodates the Canon DSLR 5D, 7D, 60D, XF105, XF305, XH-G1, Sony F3, EX3’s, HDCP1, X5U, Z1U, Panasonic AF100, HVX200, HC 1500, HC 1800 and many other professional HD cameras.

Via: http://www.live-production.tv/news/3d-arising/3d-film-factory-introduces-all-new-handheld-3d-rig.html
    3D_Film_Factory_Bullet_Rig.jpg
    606 x 264 - 68K
    3D_Bullet_Rig_Studio_1.jpg
    640 x 396 - 60K
  • Can someone ask the Atomos people at IBC when their pulldown software, Stripper v1.0 will be released. cheers
  • That budget 3D camera rig looks interesting.
  • I understand the Canon XF305 as they were designed for use in stereo configuration...

But don't the camera's need to be in perfect synch, so what benefit to the Canon 7D, 5D or 60D for video?

Speaking of which, does anybody know of a solution for perfect 3D synch with GH2 yet?
  • I don't see a chance for sync with any of these. You need a genlock input. Period.

3D looks awful and gives you a headache if the two streams are out of sync.

Designed and built by Vienna-based Indiecam GmbH, the IndiePOV incorporates a high-grade 2/3 inch CMOS imager.

Unleashing 12bit 4:4:4 RAW

We are constantly working on improving our products and most recently we achieved a major new level in advancing the image-quality of our amazingly small indiePOV-camera: native 12bit 4:4:4 recording! You can now record the absolutely pristine native 12bit RAW data of our sensor through our standard HDSDI-3G connector. The images look absolutely stunning with improved dynamic range and virtually no artefacts and very low noise. Our 12bit footage mixes very well with much larger high end production cameras and is even used in the most demanding theatrical productions for the big screen.

Global Shutter: indie-GS2k Pre-Order

As we are moving into production of our new 2k-camera with global shutter, we give you the opportunity to be among the first to own this amazing camera. Pre-orders will open at IBC and for a 1k EUR deposit you will be on the right track for unrivaled 2k global shutter 12bit quality!

Instant-RAW-Workflow

Record RAW to any uncompressed HDSDI-Recorder and use cDNG for your DI-Post! As all of our signals are HDSDI-3G compliant you can now record our 12bit-RAW stream to ANY, yes ANY uncompressed HDSDI-recorder out there. If used with the Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle, you get the smallest 12bit RAW recording setup for 2D and 3D in the world! The software to decode cDNG files from Quicktime-video files will be available starting from IBC 2011 for just 199,–EUR

See more specs at http://www.indiecam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71&Itemid=65
    indiecam_pov_1.jpg
    584 x 337 - 57K
  • JVC shows a fully working tiny handheld camcoder with 4K recording @ IBC 2011 that costs around 5000GBP! This is cool...

UPDATE:
    - coming out in 2012 (Probably February!)
    - costs around 4500GBP
    - 1/2 4K CMOS sensor
    - Four SDXC card slots
    - Four HDMI sockets
    - 60p/50P/24P
    - 3840x2160 resolution
    - 144Mbp/s bit-rate
    - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
    - Minolta 10x optical zoom lens
    - All new image processor should be able to capture 30 full-res 12 megapixel images per second!
    - First large-scale integration (LSI) chip for high-speed processing of high definition video.
    - Record four different images and you need to join them in special software before NLE.

(Photos by Philip Bloom from IBC 2011)
    1371.487c5e1e5ad0255c997dab939ddbe257.jpg
    451 x 530 - 75K
    1372.ea8cae9b5d4c356e2b33f969f60c8694.jpg
    438 x 467 - 49K
  • Several months ago, the prototype JVC 4K camcorder I saw had poor low light performance
    and consumer video image quality- that's it's achilles heel.

It's OK for use outside with plenty of light, but indoors it's pretty useless...

I would best describe the image quality as consumer video HD, certainly not cinematic.

The camcorder is essentially giving you 4 consumer HD images side-by-side.

It's not to say they won't also eventually release an interchangeable S35 version,
    but I think once you see the Image quality, resolution will be the last thing on your mind...

At least it's a start in the right direction.
  • That's what I thought... I'll stick with 'above 1080p products' from RED at this moment... :-) of course you can't expect cinematic images from this handheld thingy... but it gives the right direction to the future cameras...

EDIT: I just added few more informations about this JVC into original post...
  • Nice EVF (but not cheap)
  • oh my gosh! This is pretty nice EVF!
  • I spoke with the Panasonic guys at IBC. Firmware update is coming in November, no 25P. The new X lenses are aluminium construction, and will be launched 'somewhere' next year. Pro body is also coming, no information on specifications or weather sealing. AVCHD 2.0 safe bet. The guy also mentioned something about Canon's upcoming mirrorless system having a 2.0x cropfactor, to support all EOS lenses... haven't read it anywhere else but maybe Panasonic has some inside information. Would be awesome if Canon also picked the Micro Four Thirds system but I guess that's wishful thinking :)

I checked out the Epic... great camera and construction but heavy (although light compared to Sony F65).

The above viewfinder is nice... and I also saw some nice affordable stuff at the Ikan booth. Not much else to say... Sony booth was huge, complete area. I checked out the FS-100... image is good but I didn't like the 1 zillion buttons on the device on all sides.. not good UI design and form factor. They also had the VX-20 and A77 on display. A77: I don't like the build, it is fat and leight which is akward. OLED viewfinder is nice although very bright, so it differs greatly from the LCD which is not very welcome when matching shots. No clean HDMI out (checked it out with the Sony hotshoe LCD Monitor). The VX20 has a clean HDMI out as far as I could see but the overall construction isn't very good IMO.

Let's hope NAB will deliver the goodies as this show was very boring.
  • 3D monitor:

•High Resolution (1600 x 600)
    •Multi-Format Support
    •Dual Real-Time Waveform Monitor
    •Dual Real-Time Color Vectorscope
    •Dual Real-Time Image Processing Analysis

More details: http://www.lcdracks.com/monitors/3D/OR-70-3D.php
    marchall.jpg
    793 x 1266 - 568K
  • JVC's 4K camera looks eerily similar to the GY-HM100U. I used to have the camera a few years ago and although the bit rate and ease of use was welcome, the fact that the lenses were not interchangeable (with little to no bokeh) made it an eBay auction victim.
  • Avcultra with variable gop and bitrate is in part due to this forum.
    From intra to long gop 25-50 and 100 mbps.
    Nice future in avc
  • @andres

No, as far as I remember, AVC Ultra is not something new.