Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 Hack strange question
  • Read on another thread this is being worked on, any idea what it will unlock on the GH3?

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • It'll unlock that it is pointless to ask such questions today :-)

• I'd look for something around April 1, 1013...

• I don't understand why this is a funny question...

• It is not funny question. Just pointless. And we have it answered multiple times in development topic.

• Ok well... just a relatively simple question. Easier for me to do this and perhaps someone would just tell me instead of having to search and find the topic then read through all of it. More convenient for others with the same question as well. I don't know how the process of hacking the camera even works or how I would be able determine what you are hoping/planning/thinking of being able to do to the camera so something more than just telling to me figure out how to find topics related on this quite large site and then decyphering the answer to my question via the many many different topics and posts would be very helpful. Also, given your work is helped by donations I would think you might want to be a little more accommodating. I would certainly be willing to donate to the cause if you were willing to tell me what your trying to do, instead of somewhat snobbishly poke fun at my question and essentially tell me to figure it out myself.

• Don't be an ass @theconformist. The Development Status topic is very, very easy to find. Nobody makes donations for Vitaliy personally, they are to keep this resources running and cover the costs involved in a hack which is GIFTED to you and makes something you bought way better. Entitled, much?

• @theconformist nobody is trying to sell you anything here, donating is not mandatory, and claims like yours (and this reply of mine as well!) just add to the volume of content VK has to manage every day. So if the effort of searching the topic and reading through all of it is too demanding for you, honoring your "I pay therefore I want" approach, why don't you just hire someone to make it for you?

• If you just read through the development thread you will get your answers and more. but if its too hard then here, firmware needs to be decrypted/reverse engineered, some specialty equipment needs to be purchased in order to decrypt, donations help fund the purchase and running of the site, decryption takes a while and making sense of it takes some more time. Vitaliy isn't getting paid to do this. It takes a certain person with the right amount of knowledge to do this. He is investing his own personal time outside whatever he does for a living to run this site and do all the development so we can all benefit from our purchases.

So back to your question, until the process is complete we do not have any idea. It is all speculation and therefor pointless at this stage in time.

• Topic closed. Use development topic, or PMs for questions.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions