Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Shortfilm made for 48hour film project
  • Probably most of you guys know about the 48hour film project, for those who don't in a nutshell:

The 48 Hour Film Project is a wild and sleepless weekend in which you and a team make a movie—write, shoot, edit and score it—in just 48 hours. On Friday night, you get a character, a prop, a line of dialogue and a genre, all to include in your movie. 48 hours later, the movie must be complete. Then it will show at a local theater, usually in the next week.

So we took the genre "Film Noir", and the prop was a "ladybug" this is the result, shot on a Canon 60D with a old Nikon 50mm f1.4 AI-S and a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, let me know what yáll think:

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • it is ok, I don't think you get an Oscar for this but it is a good starter... I think you need to show more angles, and then cut, cut, and cut, at the moment it is a bit slow, the whole thing.
  • Hi Eugene,

Thanks for your input. I understand your comment about it being slow. We wanted to make a film noir with all the old film noir flaws as we used to see in the olden days. Like wide angle shots, tripot (non moving camera), femme fatale, shadows, voice-over, at times long winded. Also, the character that had to be in the film was a remixer...that's why you see the same scene twice, with a unexpected ending, wich was also a typical film-noir thing. I was fun to do the 48 hour thing, while writing the story it made us read a lot about film noir, how it started and all that stuff, we all learned a lot from it. I could higly recommend to take part in it some day, working the deadline teaches you to work fast an sufficiant. Plus you go through the hole proces of filmmaking in just 48 hour.

But thanks again Eugene.
  • I guess, you right, about noir thing, it is definitely not mine cup of tee :)
  • Yeah I understand, it would not of have bene m first choice either. But I think that is what I like about the 48hour projects, it presures you to look into things you would normaly not look into.
    There are also genres like zombie-film, something I would never make myself, but during a 48 hour project it's fun to look into.