Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Monitering GH3 in videomode on iMac mid 2011
  • Can anyone one tell me how to connect my GH3 to an iMac mid 2011. I'am using hdmi-mini, hdmi cabel and hdmi-displayport adapter. What settings should I use on the GH3 and the Mac to get this working? Do I need som special software for this?

Thanks for answers!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • @FredrikLyhne. I have the same iMac and just use either the camera's AVout to USB cable to connect to the iMac, or just plug the SD card directly into the SD card slot on the computer. If you do this, FCPX, iMovie and iPhoto will all recognize the card and media to be imported.

If you are trying to display / record live output from the camera to the computer, sorry, but I have no idea how this can be done (I don't have a GH3 and never tried with my GH1). Perhaps others here might know how this can be done.

• Can anyone one tell me how to connect my GH3 to an iMac mid 2011. I'am using hdmi-mini, hdmi cabel and hdmi-displayport adapter. What settings should I use on the GH3 and the Mac to get this working? Do I need som special software for this?

You need some hardware to get HDMI input. HDMI-display port is by idea for output only.