Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Are all Pentax PK Vario Lenses the same?
  • I got Vivitar 28-210mm 3.5-5.6 lens with Pentax PK mount. Connected to GH2 with adapter, the lens has an issue: it doesn't allow focus for less than 5 meters. So I modified the adapter adding thin ring lamella between the black part of the adapter and its metal mount ring, so that to increase the distance a little between the lens and GH2. The result is a perfect focus from 1 meter and longer. BUT: no infinity focus anymore! The focus for long distance objects is possible only when the lens is zoomed at 40-50mm at least. Then I tried the modification with thinner lamella, but the close up focus is not possible, also zooming in up to 70mm doesn't give focus too. It's like there is not enough turning space of the lens to left or right so that every distances can be in focus. Is this issue solvable somehow?

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • I suggest to find specifications for your lens.

It can be nothing wrong with 5m minimum distance for such cheap ultrazum and it is old lens.