Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mediatek Octa core solutions

MediaTek is the first adopter of a true, authentic octa-core SoC in a mobiles device, while leveraging its benefits and optimizing the system approach to the absolute maximum.

Unlike existing octa-core solutions in the market, which can only activate half of their CPU cores at onceMediaTek True Octa-Core allows for all eight of its cores to run simultaneously, offering the ultimate combination of performance and power-efficiency.

• Advanced web browsing: With the unique ability to allocate individual browser tabs to CPU cores, MediaTek True Octa-Core allows for a faster, more stable web browsing experiences.
    • Smoother user interfaces: With the ability to delegate user inputs to individual cores and render 3D effects more smoothly, the functionality and appearance of user interfaces in both applications and operating systems are significantly enhanced.
    • Superior gaming experiences: The advanced multi-threaded programming deployed in the MediaTek True Octa-Core, enables different sequences to be allocated to different cores, delivering enhanced video frame-rate processing and exceptionally low-latency gaming experiences.
    • Efficient video playback: When on decoding mode, the battery used for decoding HEVC (H.265) FHD video can be reduced by up to 18 percent compared to current quad-core solutions. While on display mode, MediaTek True Octa-Core provides users 20 percent more frames.

Via: http://www.mediatek.com/en/Event/201307_TrueOctaCore/tureOcta.php

Check also http://www.mediatek.com/_en/Event/201307_TrueOctaCore/MediaTekTrueOcta-CorePositionPaper.pdf

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • MediaTek is scheduled to launch its 8-core mobile processor for smartphones, the MT6592, at an event on November 20. China's first-tier handset companies including Lenovo, ZTE, Huawei, Coolpad and Xiaomi will all have their representatives attend the launch event.

• Newman K2S

• 5.5 Inch FHD Screen
    • MTK6592 Octa Core 1.7GHz
    • 2GB RAM
    • 32GB Flash

Their K2 had very good quality, including good screen and very good assembly.

http://www.pandawill.com/newman-k2s-smartphone-mtk6592-octa-core-17ghz-2gb-32gb-55-inch-fhd-screen-android-42-130mp-camera-p84465.html

fidelio10.jpg
    493 x 505 - 32K
  • And it seems they are aiming for more

MediaTek reportedly has delivered its first 4G LTE chip, the MT6590, to potential clients for verification. The chips are expected to begin generating revenues for the IC design house in the first quarter of 2014, according to a Chinese-language Liberty Times report. The MT6590 supports five modes and 10 frequency bands.

Shipments of MediaTek's first 8-core chip, the MT6592, are higher than expected and shipment momentum is likely to continue into the first quarter of 2014.

• My MTK6590 MTK6592 is stuck in a boot loop. I'd like to do a factory reset - or cache wipe - or whatever the menu has on offer.

Can anybody please tell me what these menu items say in English? image

IMG_2014022853969.jpg
    480 x 640 - 36K
  • @goanna

Please upload photo of reasonable size. I also think it is best to make new topic in Offline as issue is absolutely not related to "MTK6590" it is your specific phone issue and more people could find it.

• [ Update ] So a Chinese friend (2 in fact) emailed me the translations:

• Factory mode(it could mean factory default)
    • Auto self test
    • Manual self test
    • Single item test
    • Test report
    • Fine tune test items
    • Clear eMMC
    • Firmware version
    • reboot

So far I'm not going to go ahead with reset while on the road & without a translator to explain the "confirm" button, etc.