Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Your true wealth is your time and freedom
  • 23 Replies sorted by
  • You do realize that all these people are libertarians. All these concepts are libertarian. At the opposite end of your communist ideology :-)

• You do realize that all these people are libertarians. All these concepts are libertarian. At the opposite end of your communist ideology :-)

Thing is, I shared interesting video. :-) I also do not know were you got idea about "my communist ideology " :-)

• Libertarian? Fantastic! (although, don't have time to watch it right now.... will try to find an opportunity later. However just from the tiny bit at the start which I saw, they're wrong that wealth can't be destroyed! Earthquakes and wars for instance)

But I do oppose fiat money, ideally I'd like to see competitive currencies (any kind of currency is allowed, let them compete and people be free to choose what is best), but simply returning to the gold standard would at least be a significant improvement.

• Wasn't Stalin communist ? :-)

• ...people are naive. Stalin was a totalitarianist, thru and thru. Most governments today are soft totalitarianism at the very least. Some governments are raging totalitarianist in their foreign policies , yet soft totalitarianist in their domestic policies, yet are turning into verifiable police states before our very eyes. As the film says....educate yourselves. If you want to escape your chains of slavery, you have to know how they were applied . If you don't think you are a slave, then you are simply brainwashed ! You were born a slave, that's why they gave you a number, and you will remain a slave until the day you understand the mechanics of your economic servitude and cease contributing to it.

• I prefer gold-pressed latinum. And a tough second stomach for long-time savings.

More seriously, what a shining example of unbiased information ;)

• Wasn't Stalin communist ? :-)

Let's not go in this direction :-) Stalin had been pragmatist :-)

• Post-futurism is so passé.

• You do realize that all these people are libertarians.

Hard to know what they are, apart from their interest in selling precious metals to people terrified by fears of imminent collapse, and somehow convinced that a gold hoard is somehow going to save them from calamity-- exactly the kind of fears promoted by the producers of this video, goldsilver.com.

• apart from their interest in selling precious metals to people terrified by fears of imminent collapse, and somehow convinced that a gold hoard is somehow going to save them from calamity

And it is good thing, as one guys want this and other want opposite. Just use information.

• Haven't watched the video but I just heard a great podcast that touched on this subject. http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_404_-_douglas_rushkoff

• apart from their interest in selling precious metals to people terrified by fears of imminent collapse

Well, considering that many banks DID collapse... isn't it somewhat justified? Make no mistake, government bailouts, like what the current administration did, do not come out of nowhere. They are not free. People will pay the price eventually. This is not paranoia, or being terrified... this is just acknowledging reality. You can't keep printing free money and not expect a collapse eventually.

But I do oppose fiat money, ideally I'd like to see competitive currencies (any kind of currency is allowed, let them compete and people be free to choose what is best), but simply returning to the gold standard would at least be a significant improvement.

+1

Competition is the antithesis of corruption.

• @bwhitz

You can't keep printing free money and not expect a collapse eventually..... Competition is the antithesis of corruption.

I don't want to start up another pointless conflict here, but before you make these blanket, all-knowing pronouncements, you might want to do a little more research and consider other points of view.

For example, the U.S., and countless other countries, have been "printing money" for centuries, and yet, strangely enough, we haven't reverted to the Dark Ages. (Maybe it's because money is a social convenience, not a repository of absolute value, on the model of your household budget?) And insisting that a "collapse" is inevitable (tomorrow? 2040? 2260?) is a religious pronouncement, not a debatable utterance.

But never mind me.

• @jrd

Keep up to the facts, do not go to persons discussion. it is just his opinion.

For example, the U.S., and countless other countries, have been "printing money" for centuries, and yet, strangely enough, we haven't reverted to the Dark Ages. (Maybe it's because money is a social convenience, not a repository of absolute value, on the model of your household budget?) And insisting that a "collapse" is inevitable (tomorrow? 2040? 2260?) is a religious pronouncement, not a debatable utterance.

May be I need to remind you some charts I posted and simple facts that printing is rising exponentially.

Yet printing is not core cause of upcoming troubles, as they are just measure to delay things (in the cost of worstening stuff).

• For example, the U.S., and countless other countries, have been "printing money" for centuries, and yet, strangely enough, we haven't reverted to the Dark Ages.

Look, when I say "printing money" I don't simply mean the literal act of printing money. I mean "printing money" as in money without value or backing. Funny-money... back by government. The money we've "printed" in the US was back by gold until 1971... not "centuries" ago.

Maybe it's because money is a social convenience

If this is really what you believe, then nothing I, or anyone else can say will change your mind. Money is a function of work, value, and time. Do you really believe that humans, in nature, have all necessities provided for them? That people naturally do NOT have to work or survive? That food and shelter magically appear? To believe that money is just a "social-commodity", requires more faith and rejection of reality than religion.

but before you make these blanket, all-knowing pronouncements

Who said I was all-knowing? "Competition is the antithesis of corruption." just sums up my observations based on history and human interaction I've seen thus far. Every-time humans have tried to go against nature, or "equalize" society, bad things have fallowed. In my observations, we need competition to ourselves in check.

I'm also writing like this to be concise for the sake of the thread. If one feels that such an "on the whole" statement is inaccurate, then the burden of proof is on the accuser.

• it is just his opinion.

True enough, and we all have our opinions, but when there's no factual basis offered for those views, which are offered instead as aphorisms or eternal truths, there's nothing to discuss.

"Competition is the antithesis of corruption." just sums up my observations based on history and human interaction I've seen thus far.

That's fascinating to hear, but I can see where this one is going, so I'll bow out now, rather than later.

• Seems to me that we, PV's members just talked and understand communist by their knowledges. Is there anyone ever being in a place called re-education camp under communist regime?
    I was there.

All I could say is I would rather shoot with a hacked Gh2 instead of learning to lie with a new so called common-communist-is -da -way -to -go -i- told -ya.

• Guys, you have amazing skill turning any economics post into politics fight and after it into anticommunist proclamations :-)

Is there anyone ever being in a place called re-education camp under communist regime

What is "re-education camp" ?

• After 4/30/1975, right after the North Vietnamese communist took over the South, military and civil officers persons from South were called to present at a public place like a local school. We were told just bring foods along enough for 3 days to learn new policy. We all later were brought away from the city, put in junk forest place in prisonner-camp. The new goverment later told our family that we have to be re-educated because of bad things we all were educated under old regime. In that so called re-education camp, we were treat like animals. Many of us had died because of starving, sickness...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeducation_camp

• @vitaliy

Guys, you have amazing skill turning any economics post into politics fight and after it into anticommunist proclamations :-)

I would have thought you understood, everything, art, science, business, etc. is political in it's most fundamental nature....esp economics !

@tinbeo....as an american , even though I was against the war and did everything I could to avoid military service, I'm sorry that my country did that to you and you fellow vietnamese. You obviously have a particularly valuable real-life lesson to teach the world ! Please tell your story so the world, and esp americans can hear the truth .

• My dad was a major in Green Beret Force. He retired in 12/1974, 4 months before that black April. Me and my dad, we were in front of the communist officer to present as my dad thought he should after hearing their announcement that all officer should be present themselves to new city government. That officer known my family very well. In fact, he was hidden as a communist, living among in our neighbor. What we were told by him that morning was " common, we known you retired. You don't need to be here. Go home and be happy..." when dark came. An armed groups of people lead by that officer' wife were in front of our home. They knocked our front door with AK47, shooting in air to enter the house. They tied up my dad and brought him away. Later they announced in radio news that The Woman Organization of City had captured an high officer of South Vietnamese trying avoid to present -;)

• @tinbeo

It has nothing to do with communism, capitalist or any isms. It is just human nature. You could find in history mentioning of similar camps made by US, Englang, France, etc.

• @kurth, indeed....