Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
For Sale: SLR Magic 25mm T0.95 Hyperprime with SLR Magic 77mm Step Ring
  • Hello!

Up for sale is the SLR Magic 25mm T0.95 Hyperprime along with the 77mm Step Ring that was made for the lens by SLR Magic (as it is otherwise necessary to get a 49-49 male coupler then a step ring to step up.)

The lens itself is practically new, I just used it for a few minutes. The rear element and front element are flawless. The only issue is that there are a few dust particles in the lens, including a larger piece of something inside. It shouldn't really be visible at all in the final image, though. Dust and fuzz is common in this lens for whatever reason, so don't let that deter you. If it is an issue for you (I don't really think it is), it looks like SLR Magic would clean it for free, but you would probably have to pay for shipping. There have also been some other issues with the iris and focus rings not being smooth, or just not working right, but these are just about perfect (the focus ring gets a bit harder to turn the last half inch when focusing close.)

Anyway, I think (and so do others) that this lens is much better than the 25mm Voigtlander F0.95, as it is brighter (T0.95 equals about F0.90 or so), has 1 more aperture blade (11 versus 10), and is sharper than the Voigtlander when wide open (although the Voigt is sharper when fully stopped down, but most people are going to shoot at wider apertures on these lenses.)

The new price on this with the ring is $850 (the ring itself is $50 and definitely worth it), but it is currently sold out everywhere - there's not even one on ebay! I'll sell it for $750 shipped anywhere in the U.S. (and plus shipping elsewhere.)

The only reason that I'm selling the lens is that I don't need it right now. The next wedding I shoot, I'll be ordering another one right away!

Thanks!