Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Best of Personal-View
  • I've been reading personal-view.com since its beginning and realize some comments, threads or (articles) stand out from the others. Some are special because they're timeless, others because they were timely when published and some because they contain the definitive explanation for something.

P-V.com has become big (enormous!) and almost un-browseable. To access the best treasures within the site, I was thinking that , (rather than the sticky flag you get on forums) a Best of Personal-View could be produced and published as, say, a Pay-Per-View revenue earner on a different site, an e-Book, even a paper book or a yearly mag.

This site seems to use a content management system which I recognise and which would allow an extra field (for us users, a button), which would allow PV-ers to click on a particular post and have that post submitted to, (say, an Editorial team) for mediation and inclusion.

I'd like to see pictures, videos and footnotes from the editor explaining why the item has made it to the Best of Personal-View list.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Interesting idea.

• Not wanting to let the side down here: but I see the P_View "revenue-for-camera hacking" idea as something likely to grow with the advent of full-OSes on cameras. (Android now, but more to come) - and obstacles like Vendor lock-in even more frequent than today!

SO here's a website revenue-model I found a few years ago; noted for being one of the rare websites to show a profit. They did it by selling key information to big players in a small community.

How a tightly paywalled, social-media-ignoring, anti-copy-paste, gossipy news site became a dominant force in Nova Scotia

AllNovaScotia charges $360 a year and seemingly breaks all the “rules” for online news. So why does it have the ear of the most powerful people in the province — and make a profit?

http://www.niemanlab.org/2012/01/how-a-tightly-paywalled-social-media-ignoring-anti-copy-paste-gossipy-news-site-became-a-dominant-force-in-nova-scotia/