Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
LF stable outdoor GH2 Hack AVCHD suitable for Pany Lens (Advice needed)
  • Hello Folks,

New to the GH2 Hacking world. Recently purchased a GH2 with the 14-140mm kit & 20mm pancake lens. I did my research on the subject and I am not looking to get spoon fed. Just want some insight, as the hacking hobby can get quite overwhelming for beginners such as myself. I will try to explain my needs to the best of my knowledge.

I am looking for a hack that will bring my GH2 some glory for outdoor filming of mainly car meets and events. As I understand certain hacks shine best in specific scenarios, and I will attempt to describe my need. I will be flying the camera using a Glidecam stabilizer. Most of the footage will be done with the 14-140mm kit lens. Exposure will be good, cars will be static objects with several scenes capturing cars driving in/out of the event area. (you get the idea). I would also love to capture some footage of cars on the track (this adds a fast-motion requirement as well - but I am okay with two separate hacks to best suit the composition). I am not looking for spanning footage, a maximum of 25 seconds per take.

I would certainly love to try some Driftwood patches out, but since there are so many I am kindly asking for some advice in the right direction. Would the all Intra low GOP settings be suitable? I am looking to shoot in 24p 1080. Please share your thoughts,

Thanks in advance,

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Forgot to mention, I also bought a Sandisk SDXC 64GB 95 MB/s card, so I will be fine trying some of the higher-end geared patches as well.

Thanks,

• In case your card is the 95 Mb/s check out Moon 5.

• Hi Meierhans,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes I do have the 95 MB/s Sandisk. I read about the hack and seems like a great compilation of the 'right' settings for my composition. Will definitely test it out! I found it under the Cluster X: Series 1 topic. Hope this is the same one you are referring to. (update notes have a 2013 time-stamp on it)

Thanks again!

Would love to hear a few other opinions.

• stable patch cinematic style some where down? thanks