Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mic adapter cable for GH2?
  • I am going to do a bit of a shoot tomorrow and was setting up my gear tonight. For the first time i was testing out my Zoom H1 for use with the GH2. Sadly my adapter cable, standard sized that worked with my Canon 550d doesn't fit the Panasonic GH2. I wondered what this port was. Is it just a standard 2.5mm cable instead? I'd like to find an adapter to let me connect it into the standard mic and line outs that are available.

Sadly I also discovered that my recorder hotshoe mount wont work well with my Zoom H1 as its cheap plastic tripod mount hole just stripped itself as i tried to screw it in, very frustrating!!

Cheers
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • It is a stereo 2.5mm female connecter on the GH2.

The thread on the Zoom is indeed terrible. The only time I ever want to see a plastic thread is on a coke bottle! I've always wondered if it was possible to disassemble it and replace it with a brass thread instead. You might be able to glue something in place.