Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How to recover invisible lost GH2 files from power loss?
  • Hello guys,

I shot something today, quite a long take- and sadly the third-party battery I had to use died on me.

It was a second camera from some streetcomedy, so no reshooting there..

I did not use the card afterwards. Now the File is not on the card.

Are there any methods aside from hdd recovery tools? I tried EASEUS Data recovery Wizard, no luck.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • yep, did that. found the panasonic tool. Still, no reference to a power loss, where the file was not even deleted but never was written completely. I am testing the panasonic tool now.

EDIT: The Panny tool finds lots of stuff, but not the file I am looking for. Same goes for PhotoRec.

The problem is, the file was never completely written to the card, because of the intermittent power loss.

Any option left to recover it?

• Try Stellar's "MTS recovery", it probably can recover the biggest part of your lost MTS files- but likely not as whole files, but in many fragments without any order.

My advice based on my own (painful) experience is: forget 3rd party batteries, it is saving money on wrong place.

• digging this old thread up again. Pulled out my gh2 the other day as a b cam and had camera freeze up on a number of shots resulting in files with zero bytes. anyone have any luck recovering these type of file losses as there were some great shots that were lost. thanks. as above none of those programs worked.